Hotels and Apartments in Tenerife
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE
Would you like to do a review of the hotels that you have stayed in?
Please include the name of hotel, how far to walk to Vivo ( approx in minutes), cleanliness, security, pool, meals (if you had them) who you booked with, etc
I would like to include a rough price
Please send your reviews to Eddy@soultime.org.uk
Nearly everyone I speak to who goes All Inclusive regrets it afterwards. There are so many great and cheap restaurants to visit.
and also the all inclusive hotels all over the world are ruining the local economy.
Also be warned.... 15 friends booked though booking.com
On the way to the airport they received a phone call saying there was a cock up on the system, and there were no rooms left
Even though they booked 5 months in advance
I have heard similar with on the beach. So be warned, you get what you pay for
Self Catering Apartments
Colon 11 Self Catering Apartments - November 2012
Possible one of the cleanest apartments we have stayed in, and certainly very secure. We have never heard of anyone being broken in to or robbed. It’s 5 mins walk from Vivo. There is a large sea water pool, (cold) and plenty of sunbeds, although the usual rush happens every morning when they open the pool. You can hire a safe, and a TV card for the week which allows you to watch UK TV. Free WiFi in the reception area. Easiest to book with Thompsons, although it is cheaper if you book room only, then book a flight with Jet 2 or Easyjet. There is a pool side café for breakfast etc, and a posh restaurant (Mama Rosa) next door (with 10% off for guests) £406 for studio or £436 for one bedroom. (note:- If you are wanting a one bedroom apartment, put down that there are 3 of you going, otherwise the website will give you a studio) Overall mark 8 /10
Parque Santiago 1
Stayed here in April 2012 in a beautiful 2 bedroom massive apartment and had a sea view from bedroom balcony. There’s a communal pool which was beautiful & clean, (you have to pay for sunbeds & umberellas), although our apartment had a large patio very private complete with sunbeds, tables chairs etc so we just visited the pool which is 2 seconds away when we wanted a cool down , full English TV channels, washer, in utility. Vivo's is approx 15 min walk away and its a lovely stroll we have booked the same villa for next April’s Soul in the Sun. Booked villa through Owners Direct The cost for 2013 is £600 ( there are much cheaper ones ) Flights booked with http://www.jet2.com ( day flights 07:00 out 13 :00 hrs return ) £ 425 for 2 We have also stayed in Parque Santiago 2 which is next door a mirror image of no1 really. We just liked this particular villa 5 min from beach - 2 min supermarket - 2 min brill places to eat
Las Floritas Apt
Apartments were good value but are basic. The complex is clean, nice pool winding round the apartments like a river. No problems with noise. Location about 15/20 min walk from Vivos. Shortcut via path at side of Leonardos OK in day but hookers there at night so beware. Safer to get taxi home in evening. Left luggage room for use on last day, but it wasn't locked!
The Barranco is only 5 mins walk from Vivos along the main roads. The rooms themselves are very clean , however unless there are more than 2 of you I would recommend booking a studio. The apts have a spiral staircase which is difficult to negotiate, the bathroom and the bedroom and the wardrobes are upstairs I thought the staircase was quite dangerous. There is only a tiny sunbathing area , there is a 24 hour reception and the doors are locked at 2 am then you have to ring the bell to be let in which i thought was safer.
there is a safe in the room which cost us about 15 euros for 10 days . The room was cleaned 4 times during our stay . All in all the Barranco is cheap and cheerful well worth what we paid you can book them through alfarooms quite easily .
Good points - 5 mins away from all the fun of Soul in the Sun ~ Safe polite & friendly ~ Food good & plentiful ~ Rooms clean & in good repair ~ All rooms have a bit of a sea veiw ~ Plenty of sunbeds ~ Fridge in room
Bad points - All Inc. ends when you check out at 12h00 on day of departure ~ Dinning room a bit like cafe’ ~ Have to pay for internet ~ If you find your room is on the North side in the North block, noisy after dark until the early hours
We stayed at the Las Palmeras purely and simply because it was the nearest one that we could find to Vivos. It is advertised as a 4star but I think that 3 is closer, it does an all inclusive package that can work out very cheap. There are numerous pools and areas to sunbathe in the rear of the hotel. There is entertainment for children and adults every night and the food is very good and the menu changes every night. All in all a very good cheap hotel within a short walk of the venue.
Bitacora HotelExpensive but lovely big rooms, dressing gown, slippers etc The food is wonderful, about 10 mins walk from Vivos. We have stayed there three times now. I would definitely recommend it.
Hotel Catelonia Oro Negro
1) We stayed at Catalonia Oro Negro, just a 5 minutes walk from Vivos. It's near the sports stadium, the food is top notch and it has a nice pool and bar, the rooms are cleaned every day. We booked for November with Thomas Cook from Manchester £465 (bit pricey) but I found it £80 cheaper with Beat the Brochure (typical), we have booked it again for April 2013 for £403 with beat the brochure, http://www.beatthebrochure.com/ They also do B&B or full board.
2) We found The Catalonia Oro Negro very nice and clean 3 star hotel complex just 5 minutes walk from Vivos There's a large pool area with lots of sun beds free of charge. Also a bar selling all kinds of drinks and snacks during daytime is located. The rooms are all with balcony, TV, WC & shower/bathtub, phone, air-con. Safes & fridges are for rent. The food is excellent (breakfast & dinner if you book half board) with a full range of local, British and international meals you can choose from at a big buffet. We can really recommend this hotel as we go there now for the third time and will be back again for sure. Price is about 650 euros (halfboard and flight from Vienna) / week and person.
I stayed there in Nov 2011. In my opinion its a dump. I paid nearly £600 room only for 10 days. The room was not big enough to swing a cat round, and I ran a gauntlet of prostitutes walking back every night offering you all sorts. Which might sound fun initially but soon gets irritating and intimidating.
1) . . . I stayed there in April 2012. It was lovely facing two pools. As an added bonus it had a jacuzzi on the roof and the views were to die for. My room was massive had two beds a balcony and a lovely restaurant, although i hadn’t paid for any meals i could pay 8 Euros and eat as much as I wanted for a mid day meal. "Its a cracker
2) . . . I
have heard some people winging a bit about this hotel but we had a great
experience. We went all inclusive. The food was a little repetitive but you
couldn't fault the quality. The room was modern & very clean and turned down
every day. Just a 10 minute walk to Vivos. We never booked until a couple of
weeks before we left last year and paid £460 each. This year we're booking 2
weeks so we get a few days before and after and it is coming out at £640 at the
moment. It was like a January sale when they unlocked the sun beds but you
still managed to get one. Pool is big and spotless.
La Siesta Hotel
1) This hotel is available via a number of tour operators but we've booked it direct with the hotel via its own website. As we now book our flights with Easyjet. It is around 7 or 8 minutes walk to Vivos, a maximum of 10 minutes even if you walk very very slowly. There are a number of different styles rooms from basic up to luxury. It is a 4 star hotel, we go for half board which is breakfast and evening meal. It is very safe and clean with a good pool. Room safes are available, if required. There are lots of cafe bars etc all within a 2 minute walk from the hotel entrance. Taxi from the airport to the hotel is around €25. Price wise it is around €100 per night. So would fall into category D. Personally we prefer this type of accommodation to the self catering apartments and it's within minutes of Vivos.
2) We too have stayed at La Siesta and found it to be an excellent hotel and only a short walk to Vivo. We paid £500 each full board.(2010)
Granda Park (near the Golf Course)
The rooms were fantastic, and the place in general was nice and quiet. The food was not brilliant, but edible. We went all inc paid £750 for everything. The down side is its a bit out of the way a good 20min walk all downhill, taxi back 5 or 6 euros.
This is a a good hotel, we paid £400 each self catering, but it's a bit of a trek to Vivo
Cleopatra Palace (4Star).
This hotel is ideal if you like to be close to the beach and within a 10-15 minute walk of Vivos. The hotel is right on the Camison Beach and has a large swimming pool area with plenty of sun beds. Rooms are clean (daily maid services), comfortable and you can hire a refrigerator and safe for a small additional fee. Bed and breakfast is the best board option to choose as the food, although of reasonable quality, does get a bit boring after a few days and it's not really worth the extra cost. There are plenty of shops to keep the ladies happy and a good selection of restaurants / bars close to the hotel.
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE